Compressing error when "Save as Blueprint" in Local 7.1.0 on macOS Ventura

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Error when creating a blueprint

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

When creating a blueprint, during compression, it fails to finish the process and gets stuck. Then, when I exit and enter the application (Local) again, the created blueprint can be seen. When creating a site from the blueprint, it is created apparently without problems.

System Details

  • Local Version: 7.1.0+6396

  • Operating System (OS) and OS version: macOS Ventura 13.4

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-lightning.log (108.0 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @borseba

Is this just happening for a specific site or any site you try to create a Blueprint for? For example, if you create a new blank site, and try to save a Blueprint from that do you run into the same problem?

Yes. With a clean install of Local, it saves the blueprint with no problems (I just noticed).

I started testing and found that the problem is generated with the Twenty Twenty-Three theme enabled. If I change the theme to Twenty Twenty-One it compresses without problems.

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing your fix @borseba :green_heart:

No problem!

The strange thing is that the clean install of Local also uses the Twenty Twenty-Three theme.

I attach screenshot of the plugins used in my custom install which does not allow to save the blueprint with the Twenty Twenty-Three theme (but with Twenty Twenty-One it can). It doesn’t affect me in any case, I don’t care because this is the base installation I use for all my projects, then I install the specific theme and plugins I need.

I’m glad it’s not impacting your workflow and you’re able to move forward! It would seem like the Twenty Twenty-Three theme and the plugins are creating some type of conflict but I’m not sure why. Since there are only 4 as a test you could try deactivating them one at a time. After each deactivation, you could try creating a Blueprint to see if it goes through. That way you’d know if there was a specific plugin throwing a wrench in the works with the Twenty Twenty-Three theme.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.