Continued issues with Local 2.2.3 on Windows 10

I really love the simplicity of Local, but the continued ongoing issues are making me take pain killers on a regular basis.

First off after installing the older version, things ran slow but okay. I found the somewhat of a fix was to enable faster dock mounts. This worked okay… it still wasn’t fast by any means (relative to something like xampp) but at least it didn’t crash.

After installing 2.2.3, I cannot for the life of me get anything to work. The faster dock mounts do not work at all. If I enable it, I get the following error and have to change the json file manually back to true to get the app to load.

Feb 25, 2018, 7:57 AM CST - info: [main/docker-machine-fdv] Mounting Boot2Docker volumes Attempt number:  4
Feb 25, 2018, 7:57 AM CST - error: [main/docker-machine-fdv] NFS Test Result Error: Command failed: C:\Users\eric\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\extraResources\virtual-machine\vendor\docker\windows\docker-machine.exe ssh local-by-flywheel sudo timeout -t 4 sh -c "/usr/local/etc/init.d/nfs-client restart && mkdir -p /tmp/nfs-test-Sy_Tlrl_G && mount -t nfs -o udp,nolock,soft,noacl,actimeo=1,async 192.168.95.1:/c/Users /tmp/nfs-test-Sy_Tlrl_G && [ -d "/tmp/nfs-test-Sy_Tlrl_G/home" ] && echo 'success'"

Running without it enabled is impossible too. I constantly get this error:

Local Router Error
Our apologies for the inconvenience. The Local router is not able to connect to the site you requested.

We suggest you try the following:

Restart Site - Go to the Local by Flywheel app and restart the site you are attempting to access.
Contact us - If the issue persists please contact us.

All I see in the log is that it’s querying mysql. Nothing else.

So, right now this is a broken piece of software and I’m looking at alternatives. And forget about thinking about your managed product… if this is the experience.

@emath,

Sorry for the late reply!

It’s tough to say why Faster Docker Volumes is failing to enable without more information. Can you please provide the entire local-by-flywheel.log file?

Regarding the Local Router Error, this is usually caused by misconfiguring the web server and/or PHP.

Can you check the site’s logs folder in this case? This will give you a better idea of what’s happening with the site itself.