Duplicate existing Local site into another Local instance

Hi @firefox

Thank you for all of your details and troubleshooting! We definitely want this process to be as seamless as possible and we are looking at any enhancements that could be made to help make it even smoother.

Something that could be happening in your use case is a clash between the different OSes as I don’t think I’ve seen anyone try to move from a Mac to Windows or vice versa, at least not lately and it’s not something I’ve tested myself.

The thread you linked, that user was able to get things working by using WP Migrate Lite to create an export file. I wonder if that might work in your case as well here.

WP Migrate Lite is a free plugin, and we also work with the creators over at Delicious Brains closely on functionality. With it, you should be able to create a full site export if you wish, and if that doesn’t work you could try creating a simple one that only includes the WP Content and SQL which are all Local needs to get things going.

Something else you can try, is when you export your site on the Mac if you try to import it back into Local on your Mac does it work? That might indicate something specifically on Windows is blocking it. A security application, another dev program, etc. In your log it shows Operation Not Permitted, so perhaps it’s this?

The size of the site shouldn’t matter, especially for manual imports, but you could also double-check that the hard drive on the new machine has enough space and isn’t corrupted as well to make sure it isn’t a hardware limitation.