Error: Un-oh! Unable to start site

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I am unable to start one of my sites. When I click “Start Site” I get two different error messages, which I’ve attached. The issue started happening after I attempted to update from WordPress 6.3.2 to 6.4.1

ErrorMessage-1
ErrorMessage-2

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

The issue happens every time. Screenshots attached. I’m relatively new to Local and I would be grateful for any guidance.

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 8.1.0+6514

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Windows 10

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

local-lightning.log (762.5 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

I was able to clone the site and the copy works. I’m still curious how I’d resolve the issue if cloning was a failure - just in case lol

1 Like

Hi @kwinms

We’ve seen this happen from time to time (I think generally for Windows users) when Local gets updated. We’re looking into ways to avoid it for future releases. To my knowledge, the best way to avoid it happening is when a release comes out make sure all sites are stopped and shut down before running the update.

The quickest/easiest workaround I’ve seen is to just export a site and then reimport it, or Clone as you discovered as well!

We hope to find a way to avoid this for future releases but the Devs are still digging in. If you have any other questions or concerns don’t hesitate to reach back out. We are always happy to help!

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.