Getting this error after the latest update "ERR_SOCKS_CONNECTION_FAILED"

Issue Summary

Updated to Local Version 6.1.2+5473 yesterday. Worked all day without restarting my PC or Local after that. Now when I start my PC this morning, getting the following error:

It looks like the webpage at http://website.local/wp-admin/?localwp_auto_login=1 might be having issues or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_SOCKS_CONNECTION_FAILED

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    -Yes, this is happening for all of my local sites when the Domain mode is turned on. Sites work fine in “localhost mode”

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    -Yes, I can. But only in “localhost” mode and not in “Site domain” mode.

Replication

Creating any site with the current version of Local in “Site domain” mode should show this issue.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• Local Version 6.1.2+5473

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.