I recently designed a WordPress website using Local (LocalWP.com), and when I moved it to a live server using the UpdraftPlus plugin, I’m getting a pop-up saying “website wants to access other devices on your local network” whenever I open the website as a visitor. I think there’s some code that’s still referencing the local server. Is there a way to fix this?
Hi @rohitkulegi!
My first guess would be a plugin. Do you have many on the site? It might be worth a test to disable them all at once and see if it goes away.
Already tried
I’d suggest taking a look to see if you still have local URLs still in the production site data. You could use wp-cli ( wp search-replace – WP-CLI Command | Developer.WordPress.org ) or WP Migrate to run a search/replace for those. It may also be in your theme code, if you’ve built a custom theme.