Help...Stuck Since Friday: White Screen When Opening New Sub Domain

Another question Alexandre…when I created another site on local, this problem occurred again. So does this mean something is wrong with this instal of Wordpress? I thought with each new site a new installation of wordpress was required. Which means…in regards to a table being drop, it wouldn’t apply on the next brand new site would it?

Could something be wrong with my Local program? my computer? my browser: safari?

So does this mean something is wrong with this instal of Wordpress? I thought with each new site a new installation of Wordpress was required. Which means…in regards to a table being drop, it wouldn’t apply on the next brand new site would it?

No, nothing from one site is passed when creating new sites if you are not using a blueprint. Each new site is a blank site.
But since you mentioned, I would try to access the site from Chrome or another browser.

One thing I saw from your local log is that at some point, Wordpress wasn’t installed right. What you can try is to reinstall wordpress from the dashboard:

Ok, I’ll reinstall now. Also attached is a screenshot of the names of the sub domains. Not sure if this answers your previous

question.

After reinstalling wordpress, I upgraded network and got this error message:

Upgrade Network

Warning! Problem updating http://extremeadventure.bizolly.local. Your server may not be able to connect to sites running on it. Error message: cURL error 28: Resolving timed out after 10524 milliseconds

I was wondering if I should just delete this site and start over. Hate to do it but I fear the problem will just happen again.

Has the logs revealed anything yet?

1 Like

When using Chrome and trying to visit the sub domain I received this error message:

This site can’t be reached

extremeadventure.bizolly.local ’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Wanted you to know I did switch from Nginx to Apache and back again. Didn’t really seem to do anything. Not sure if I should leave in Apache mode and restart the site up? Don’t want to break anything.

In trouble shooting this I stumbled upon a solution. Right in front of my eyes. On the Local start up panel at the bottom of screen, next to the word: Multisite is a link: SYNC MULTI-SITE DOMAINS TO HOSTS FILE

When I clicked on it, verified my computers password and tried the sub domains…they opened without a problem. And, each time I add a new site I have to click on this so it SYNC with HOST FILE via this link.

So simple.

I’m not sure to what to do about the dropped table you found? Any ideas?

I need a cup of coffee…

1 Like

Sorry I left yesterday and couldn’t keep going at the time.
hahaha I’m glad you found a solution for the domains! I really overshot this haha sorry.

About the dropped table, it might have been solved already, by reinstalling.

If you need any more help I’ll be here! o/

Hey, it’s fine. I know you must stay pretty busy and I do too. Just so happy to be able to finally proceed. I REALLY appreciate all you help, patience and support here. Made a world of difference.

Wish you a great rest of the day!

Thank you! :wink:

1 Like

Alright!

You have a great week too :smiley: