How can I log into my local app with a different email address?

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I seem to be stuck only being able to use my original email address when logging into my Local Hub account (https://hub.localwp.com/). I started using local a few years ago with a personal email address. But recently, I’ve started freelancing, and have a business email through Google Workspace. I want to be able to save cloud backups to my business Google account and not my personal one.
On Hub, my business Google account is listed as connected under “Accounts for logging in”, but when I log out of the Local app on my Mac, and then try to log in, I’m only presented with the option to log back in using my old, personal email.

I also want to make sure I keep Local connected to my Flywheel account, which is currently also using the old email address.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

I log out in the Local app, then attempt to log in again:

System Details

• Local Version:
    7.1.2+6410
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    MacOS 13.5 (22G74) Ventura

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @Griz.dev - thanks for reaching out!

Just to make sure I understand… do you have two separate Local accounts now? Or do you have a single account and you’ve added your business Google account as a linked account?

For example, my Local Hub page looks like this - you can imagine different e-mails plugged in, mine just happen to be the same :slight_smile:

The Local account is separate from the connection to Flywheel, so you won’t break anything there! Those are unrelated in the app.

When you log in again, if you hit cancel, are you given the option to log in via Google with your business account?

1 Like

Thanks Austin,

I’m not sure what changed, but everything now seems to be working. My account configuration matched yours, but when I logged out, instead of getting the full login screen, I was only getting this:

But, I tried again today, and now it works ¯_(ツ)_/¯

In any event, I’m now backing up to my Google Drive account, which is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

2 Likes

Awesome, glad to hear it!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.