How to copy my WordPress site to Local using Updraft Plus

Issue Summary

I have the live site defiguide.ch. I now want to create a copy of this site (i.e. replicate it) on Local to do development locally. In order to re-create my live site on local I first create a backup of defiguide.ch using the Updraft Plus plugin. Then I install the Updraft Plus plugin in my Local WordPress site and use the installed plugin to restore the created backup on Local.

Troubleshooting Questions

If I do the above and then click on “WP Admin” or “Open Site” on Local then it does not open my local site anymore but instead it opens my live site defiguide.ch. So I don’t see the local site anymore but it seems I am redirected to the live version. This is probably because the backup which I have restored on Local is telling the Local server that it should redirect to defiguide.ch. How can I prevent this from happening? I don’t want Local to take me to the live site but I want it to show the local site. How can I achieve this? Or more broadly spoken: How can I restore my live site on Local?

Replication

N.a.

System Details

Latest version with Windows

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.