I can't find my website on the local sites menu

What issue or error are you experiencing?

i can’t find my website on the local sites menu and this is completed site just turned off my system for a break when i returned, nothing was showing on the site seelct menu

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details windows system type 64-bit operating system

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    windows

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

local-lightning.log (134.3 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Thanks for the report and for sharing your logs, @jhkjl. I’m sorry that Local is not showing your site after a reboot.

1. Are your site folders still present on your drive? By default they appear here on Windows:

This PC → [your harddrive] → Users → [your username] → Local Sites

In case you changed your default Local Sites path, you can check the current default at Preferences → New site defaults → Sites Path. As well as letting us know if your site folders are there, it would be worth backing up sites if present.

2. Does Local’s sites.json file contain your site data? On Windows you can find it by:
    i. Opening the File Explorer.
    ii. Choosing View → Show → Hidden items.
    iii. Browsing to This PC → [your harddrive] → Users → [your username] → App Data → Roaming → Local
    iv. Look for a file named “sites” and open it in a text editor. It should contain a list of your sites. (You should not edit this file unless prompted, though.)

If you see the sites folders you expect (step 1) and the sites file also contains a record of your sites (step 2), then it’s possible that security software has started to block Local from reading files. (Your logs show that something is stopping Local from making network requests, so it can’t run correctly.)

If you have any security software that could prevent Local from making network requests or reading and writing files, you would need to configure it to allow Local to run unrestricted, then restart Local.

i saw the folders on the c drive and users
i think the directory changed

If you have the original site folder and sites file, you can try restoring your site as described here:

Or reimport the site into Local as described here:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.