I'm stuck on “starting local machine”

Hello !

Today I wanted to run Local but now, I’m stuck on the “starting local machine”.

I know there was some topics for that but they are closed now ^^’

I’ve seen that Clay can tell what’s the problem by looking on “local-by-flywheel.log” file so here we are : local-by-flywheel.log (174.0 KB)

Thank you for your answers :hugs:

Hi @BlackJackDeal,

Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks for the providing the log file :slight_smile:. Can you please try manually upgrading VirtualBox? If Local is running, please close it.

Here’s the direct download link for VirtualBox v5.2.4: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.4/VirtualBox-5.2.4-119785-Win.exe

Try running that installer and then once it completes, re-open Local.

Hi Clay !

Thank very very much for that quick answer ! And it works :relaxed:

1 Like

Great, glad to hear!

For future reference and for others, here are the relevant errors in the local-by-flywheel.log file:

Starting "local-by-flywheel"...
(local-by-flywheel) Check network to re-create if needed...
Unable to start the VM: C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe startvm local-by-flywheel --type headless failed:
VBoxManage.exe: error: The virtual machine 'local-by-flywheel' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).  More details may be available in 'C:\Users\Emilie\.docker\machine\machines\local-by-flywheel\local-by-flywheel\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component MachineWrap, interface IMachine
Details: 00:00:37.138800 VMMDev: Guest Log: 00:00:10.010005 vminfo   Error: Unable to connect to system D-Bus (3/3): D-Bus not installed
1 Like

HI im having this same issue, I did do the virtualbox update as recommended by clay, but it still will not run, this is a fresh install on my windows PC… Please help I will attach my logs.

local-by-flywheel.log (180.5 KB)