Importing site fails in v2.0.6- Duplicator - spinning wheel

Hi,

I have been trying to import my site into Local

I began creating it with InstantWP

When I try and import the Duplicator zip file, the wheel just spins for hours

I have tried excluding long filenames and large files from the Duplicator package and also run Local with Windows7 x64 Administrator privileges

If I close and restart Local I can see an error message.

Am I the only person who has experienced this?

Here is some code from my log - I hope it helps as I really can’t face starting the site again from scratch - pls hayelp! :slight_smile:

Jul 15, 2017, 7:54 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/index] Existing Pressmatic data does not exist.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:54 AM GMT+1 - warn: [main/index] Unhandled Rejection at: Promise  Promise {
  <rejected> TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'version' in null
    at C:\Users\skope\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\main\updater.js:1:17667
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:129:7) }  reason:  TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'version' in null
    at C:\Users\skope\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\main\updater.js:1:17667
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:129:7)
Jul 15, 2017, 7:54 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/check-system] Check System: Docker Machine:  
{ stdout: 'Stopped\n', stderr: '' }
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/index] All Local sites are stopped. Shutting down VM.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/index] Existing Pressmatic data does not exist.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/check-system] Check System: Docker Machine:  
{ stdout: 'Stopped\n', stderr: '' }
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - warn: [main/index] Unhandled Rejection at: Promise  Promise {
  <rejected> TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'version' in null
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:129:7) }  reason:  TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'version' in null
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:129:7)
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [renderer/CheckEnvPage] Check system promise response: [ undefined, 'machine-halted' ] machine-halted
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] Checking Boot2Docker.iso hash
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] Running  C:\Users\skope\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\extraResources\virtual-machine\vendor\docker\windows\docker-machine.exe start local-by-flywheel
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] Starting "local-by-flywheel"...
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] (local-by-flywheel) Check network to re-create if needed...
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] (local-by-flywheel) Waiting for an IP...
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] Machine "local-by-flywheel" was started.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] Waiting for SSH to be available...
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] Detecting the provisioner...
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] Started machines may have new IP addresses. You may need to re-run the `docker-machine env` command.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/set-docker-env] Getting Docker Machine env.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/set-docker-env] Received Docker Machine env.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] checking IP
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/set-docker-env] Getting Docker Machine env.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/set-docker-env] Received Docker Machine env.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - error: [renderer/CheckEnvPage] Getting a machine-halted error after startDockerMachine in CheckEnvPage. This should not happen.
Jul 15, 2017, 7:55 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-machine] checked IP 192.168.95.100

Jul 15, 2017, 7:56 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/docker-delete-site-container] Deleting Site 
{ name: 'wwwbackgammonbuzz', container: '' }
Jul 15, 2017, 7:56 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/deleteSite] Trashing C:\Users\skope\Local Sites\wwwbackgammonbuzz Attempt number:  1
Jul 15, 2017, 7:56 AM GMT+1 - info: [main/deleteSite] Trashed C:\Users\skope\Local Sites\wwwbackgammonbuzz
Jul 15, 2017, 7:56 AM GMT+1 - warn: [main/docker-delete-site-container]  Error: (HTTP code 400) bad parameter - No container name or ID supplied 
    at C:\Users\skope\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\node_modules\docker-modem\lib\modem.js:239:17
    at getCause (C:\Users\skope\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\node_modules\docker-modem\lib\modem.js:269:7)
    at Modem.buildPayload (C:\Users\skope\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\node_modules\docker-modem\lib\modem.js:238:5)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\Users\skope\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\node_modules\docker-modem\lib\modem.js:214:14)
    at emitNone (events.js:91:20)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:185:7)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:74:11)
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:122:9)
Jul 15, 2017, 7:57 AM GMT+1 - info: [renderer/ImportSiteAnalyzePage] Message from import-site-analyze-worker: {"type":"generic-zip","sql":"database.sql","fileDir":".\\"}
Jul 15, 2017, 7:57 AM GMT+1 - warn: [main/index] Unhandled Rejection at: Promise  Promise {
  <rejected> { Error: EISDIR: illegal operation on a directory, open 'C:\Users\skope\AppData\Local\Temp\local-by-flywheel-r1eEyTVvS-\wp-admin\css\colors'
  errno: -4068,
  code: 'EISDIR',
  syscall: 'open',
  path: 'C:\\Users\\skope\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\local-by-flywheel-r1eEyTVvS-\\wp-admin\\css\\colors' } }  reason:  Error: EISDIR: illegal operation on a directory, open 'C:\Users\skope\AppData\Local\Temp\local-by-flywheel-r1eEyTVvS-\wp-admin\css\colors'
Jul 15, 2017, 11:32 AM GMT+1 - error: [renderer/app] TypeError {
  mode: 'stack',
  name: 'TypeError',
  stack: 
   [ TypeError {
       url: null,
       func: 'Array.forEach',
       args: [Object],
       line: null,
       column: null,
       context: null } ] } true

Hi @djskope,

Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks for the log and information! We’ll look into the error that you’re running into.

In the meantime, you can do the following:

1. Create a new site
  2. Browse to that site’s folder and remove the contents of app/public
  3. Copy Duplicator’s installer.php and the backup archive/package into app/public
  4. Browse to sitedomain.dev/installer.php and run through the installer. Be sure to check the option to overwrite the existing database tables.

The MySQL information for the installer is:

User: root
Password: root
Database: local

Also, if possible, can you send me the backup you’re trying to import? Uploading it to something like Google Drive, Dropbox, Mega and then private messaging me the link works the best :slight_smile:

No worries if not!

2 Likes

Hi Clay,

Thank you so much for responding and for your offer of help.

I followed your new instructions above and the Duplicator process appears to have worked!

So far, the only thing I’ve found which is slightly problematic with the clone is that the ‘Events Manager’ plugin seems to have lost the ability to display Google Maps, but I will find a workaround for that (maybe uninstall, reinstall and repopulate)

If it helps, the original process failed when I was using the ‘Import’ command directly from Local’s hamburger menu (and pointing it to the zip file) - but your alternative process above seems to work fine.

Thanks again!

djskope

1 Like