Installing, activating plugins runs slow or gives 502 error

Firstly, I can’t live without Local! What an awesome piece of software!

Now, I have been having some trouble with a new local site. It runs smoothly when editing all pages. However, when installing, activating or pretty much anything else to do with plugins, it hangs for a few mins and produces a 502 error. I have restarted local, reinstalled, and enabled/disabled pretty much every option in preferences. I tried a fresh install of the site, piece by piece with a new tld: domain.site instead of .local (I know it can have issues working on Mac). I tried entering Run apt-get update && apt-get install -y ca-certificates in the site’s SSH (Terminal on Mac). I get: ‘Command not found’. Settings are: nginx, PHP 7.2, MySQL 5.6, WP 5.1.1. I also have the last entry on the error log which may be of use:

2019/04/03 02:51:20 [error] 6#6: *3550 upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.95.1, server: rent-runna.site, request: “GET /wp-admin/plugins.php?action=activate&plugin=ninja-forms%2Fninja-forms.php&plugin_status=all&paged=1&s&_wpnonce=7f00ed81b4 HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://192.168.95.100:4117/wp-admin/plugins.php?action=activate&plugin=ninja-forms%2Fninja-forms.php&plugin_status=all&paged=1&s&_wpnonce=7f00ed81b4”, host: “rent-runna.site”, referrer: “http://rent-runna.site/wp-admin/plugins.php

I’ve also bumped up VBox to 2GB base memory and 2 processors.

Anything you suggest would be of great help! If you need screenshots or more info let me know.

Hey salasprojects! Welcome to the community! Apologies for the wait time here.

I know you tried a bunch of stuff in Preferences, but firstly I’d say make sure Faster Docker Volumes is enabled in Preferences > Advanced.

Could you provide the full log so we can look into this a bit deeper? Thanks!

I just tried some tests and after eliminating a plugin, it seems all is working perfectly now. I’ll keep testing to make sure. If that’s the case, firstly sorry for any time wasting. You guys have a lot of work and I absolutely love your product. Keep those updates coming and look forward to future releases!

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to hear that. You weren’t wasting our time at all :). So stoked you love Local, and can confirm that there is some super sick stuff coming out soon :).

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.