Installing local in open Suse Leap 15.5

Hi,

I’m trying to install local on Open Suse Leap 15.5. I read the instructions in this post Install issues with openSUSE Leap 15.1

When I typed sudo rpm -i /PATH/TO/LOCAL/RPM/local-beta-5-2-0-b1870-linux.rpm --nodeps I got the following error message:

error: open of /PATH/TO/LOCAL/RPM/local-beta-5-2-0-b1870-linux.rpm failed: No such file or directory

The file I downloaded is called local-7.0.1-linux.rpm and is inside the Downloads folder.

This is the complete procedure:

xxxxxxxxxxx:~> sudo zypper install libncurses5
[sudo] password for root:
Retrieving repository ‘snappy’ metadata …[error]
Repository ‘snappy’ is invalid.
[snappy|https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/system:/snappy/openSUSE_Leap_15.2] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
History:

• [snappy|https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/system:/snappy/openSUSE_Leap_15.2] Repository type can’t be determined.

Please check if the URIs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid repository.
Warning: Skipping repository ‘snappy’ because of the above error.
Some of the repositories have not been refreshed because of an error.
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
libncurses5

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 386.1 KiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 1.1 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/v/…? shows all options] (y): y
Retrieving: libncurses5-6.1-150000.5.15.1.x86_64 (Update repository with updates from SUSE Linux Enterprise
15)
(1/1), 386.1 KiB
Retrieving: libncurses5-6.1-150000.5.15.1.x86_64.rpm …[done (3.2 MiB/s)]

Checking for file conflicts: …[done]
(1/1) Installing: libncurses5-6.1-150000.5.15.1.x86_64 …[done]
xxxxxxxxxxx:~> sudo rpm -i /PATH/TO/LOCAL/RPM/local-beta-5-2-0-b1870-linux.rpm --nodeps
error: open of /PATH/TO/LOCAL/RPM/local-beta-5-2-0-b1870-linux.rpm failed: No such file or directory
xxxxxxxxxxx:~> ^C

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.