Is there Local compatibility with windows 7?

I installed Local, but I can’t create site. Could it be because of Window version 7? It must be
higher 7, 10?

Hi @Alex87

Local should work with Windows 7 but there might be issues depending on what you are trying to do, or what WordPress/PHP versions you select. Can you try creating a site with PHP 7.3?

I tried to do like you wrote: Screenshot by Lightshot
Error: Screenshot by Lightshot

I don’t know, what to do. It’s been a day since I can’t solve this problem

Hi @Alex87 I mentioned this in another thread but I think the issue here is likely due to your user name containing special characters still. So you’ll need to change and update that.

I change the name account and customize the creating site(try to use php 7.3) but it is still the error(but another): Screenshot by Lightshot

Hi @Alex87

I found a couple of potential community solutions here:

Hi! Thank you for helping to me. But what if site is not exist? You wrote, that C:\Users\xxxxx\Local Sites\yyyyy, where yyyy it is the site name. If I wouldn’t create it, I wouldn’t see those folder in Local Sites

Hi @Alex87

After the user name related errors, you may need to try a refresh here.

• Export any sites that you have on Local and save them to a folder somewhere on your computer.

• Fully uninstall Local from your computer.

• Install the latest version of Local on this link.

• Once installed, please restart the computer.

• When the computer is restarted and turned on, close any applications that automatically run in the background (AntiVirus, Firewall, and other Developer applications included).

• Check and see if can get a site created

When the installation was done and I close the window, without that to put checkbox to open LOCAL
, I get the error: Screenshot by Lightshot

Hi @Alex87

Do you have another machine you’re able to test on? Just to rule out an issue with Windows 7 or your current set up.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.