Just updated to Local 6.4. All my previous sites are not showing up. Importing fails

Issue Summary

Updated to Local 6.4 on MacBook Air M1. (OS Monterey 12.3.1)
As this appears a widespread issue, I followed instructions on how to compress the site files into zip and importing. Works until I get this error - “Local was unable to import the following SQL files”… with no files being specified.

During import, I can see that a new temporary folder gets created, inside the same local folder that stores all my previous websites. So the issue is a) Local is not reading its own files, inside the Local folder on the HD, and b) trying to zip and import the same files fails due to error.

Prior to error happening Local asks for admin password and permission to make some changes. Type in password, and error appears.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    So far tried with around 6 sites - one was successful, albeit received a warning that something went wrong with the SQL file and to check whether the site loads as it should. Which it did.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @helgigud! Can you provide a copy of your Local Log? Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

Retrieving Local’s Log File

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.