Live link is throwing an error when I attempt to enable it

Bug Summary

Summarize the issue in one to two sentences.

When I try to use the live link it produces the following error.
Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 34.121.54.145:443 at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js: 1146:16)

Steps to reproduce

After starting site, enable live link.

After a minute, it throws the error

Environment Info

Describe your environment.

• What Operating System are you using? Windows 10
  • What versions of site software (Nginx, Apache, PHP, MySQL) is used? nginx, 7.4.1, MySQL 8.0.16
  • What version of Local is installed? 6.4.2+6012

Supporting info

Please provide your Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Include any screenshots or video recordings of the issue to help others reproduce.

Just a ā€œme tooā€, this AM I started getting this error:
Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 34.121.54.145:443
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1146:16)

4 Likes

Getting the same error here!

2 Likes

Me too. It is my first time trying to use it, so I thought it was me. Glad itā€™s not.

3 Likes

Issue Summary

When I click on ā€˜enable live linkā€™, after a time I get the following error message:
ā€œError: connect ETIMEDOUT 34.121.54.145:443
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1146:16)ā€

It was working up until this morning (I think). I have no idea how to fix this, so I would appreciate any help that you can give - thanks.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? All sites

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? Yes

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? 6.4.2

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used? Windows 10 Home

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
      local-logs.zip (14.7 KB)
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however thereā€™s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isnā€™t private info like passwords being displayed.

1 Like

Me and a friend (two different set-ups) also experience this problem. I think itā€™s something global.

3 Likes

I am getting a similar error on Mac 12.4 Local 6.4.2:

Uh-oh! Could not start Live Link.
Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 34.121.54.145:443 at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (not.js:1146:16)

I hadnā€™t tried it until about 20 minutes ago for the first time in a while, not sure if it would have worked this morning or not.

3 Likes

I too am on a Mac 12.5 Local 6.4.2+6012

2 Likes

I received the following error when attempting to enable the Live Link feature. It worked previously and I changed nothing in the configuration.

Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 34.121.54.145:443

at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1146:16)

1 Like

Hi all! Thank you for bringing this to our attention so quickly - I merged several different threads in the forums into here so that we keep conversation in the same place.

This is an initial ā€œACKā€ to the issue. It looks like something changed on our remote infrastructure sometime this morning that started refusing connections.

The engineering team is on it, and I will post updates back here as I have them.

7 Likes

Updating here - weā€™re digging into some errors in our remote infrastructure that show the connection being refused. Based on the documentation, we think the issue lies in the API between Local and the remote server, but we havenā€™t pinpointed it yet. Weā€™re going to keep researching.

Sorry in advance for the down-time here! I understand the frustration.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update! Hopefully, it resolve soon.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same issue. Thank you for looking into it! Look forward to it being resolved.

1 Like

Same issue here, I have got local updated and my operating system Mac 12.5.1 Monterey.

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™ve a problem with starting Live Links. It started yesterday and when I click on Enable after 1 or 2 minutes, Local give me this error. It happens on all of my website installed. My connection works very well and I canā€™t figure out where is the problem. Someone can tell me something about and how to fix this?

See this topic: http://community.localwp.com/t/live-link-is-throwing-an-error-when-i-attempt-to-enable-it/33166/14

I think itā€™s due to an expired SSL certificate as thereā€™s a closed topic about a similar issue from last September.

This is the error Iā€™m getting.

Screenshot 2022-09-11 at 19.41.07

Hello @Tegolante - welcome to the Local community! :wave:

Thank you for sharing your issue! It looks like something changed on our remote infrastructure sometime last week that started refusing connections.

The Local team is looking into it, weā€™ve been merging all related threads into the following to keep conversations in one place:

I invite you to follow along there!

Thank you,

Sam

Issue Summary

When I click on ā€˜enable live linkā€™, after a time I get the following error message:
ā€œError: connect ETIMEDOUT 34.121.54.145:443
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1146:16)ā€

yesterday I wanted to continue working on the construction of my site locally, and impossible to activate live link. I imported the site, nothing.

Troubleshooting Questions

Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? All sites

Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? Yes

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!
System Details

Which version of Local is being used? 6.4.2

What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used? Windows 10 Family

Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

local-lightning.log (282.2 KB)

1 Like

Hey all - weā€™ve worked with our remote infrastructure partner (Google), and traced the issue to a mismatch in some API versioning. Weā€™re getting this fixed up and should have an update here shortly.

6 Likes