Live Link not working properly with elementor header

What issue or error are you experiencing?

When I open the site with Live Link, the header is very scuffed.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Start live link, open site.

System Details

• Local Version: Version 7.2.1+6433

• Operating System (OS) and OS version: W10

Here is image of header.

Live Links don’t match your Local Site URL (ie: mysite.local), so Local attempts to rewrite these on the fly. Live Links is broadly compatible with many themes, plugins, and custom code snippets. However, some images, front-end assets, or other HTML elements may be missing from your site when viewing it over Live Links. Try the tips below:

• Run the following WP-CLI command
    wp search-replace 'SITEURL' 'LOCALURL' --skip-columns=guid

• Replace SITEURL with your production URL like https://localwp.com

• Replace LOCALURL is your Local Site URL like http://mysite.local

• Trust Local’s SSL certificate

• Disable certain types of plugins: caching, security, force HTTPS/SSL

If you’re still having issues you might open up the console of the page and see what errors are present. Is it still showing some mixed content or some other type of issue?

You might try viewing it in an incognito window, a different browser, or over LTE Data instead of WiFi to see if caching is getting in the way as well.

Elementor also has a Regenerate CSS option that you may need to utilize as well to refresh things:

I have Windows 10, I cant WP-CLI? If I understand what that means. :slight_smile:

If you click Open Site Shell in your Local app under your site name it will open a shell window in which you can run WP CLI commands. You can also clean up mixed content with plugins as well like Redirection :slight_smile:

This might help too:

Now it doesnt load :smiley:

What doesn’t load? Your Live Link? Or your site doesn’t load at all? Have you tried any rebooting?

Doesnt load the site, yup I tried rebooting

When you try to login by clicking WP Admin or Open Site from your Local Site do those work?

Are you still on Local 7.2 or did you update?

Yes, those works, I have Local 8.1

That’s good! So when you try to load up a Live LInk are you getting a specific error message? Are there errors in the console if it’s a blank page?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.