Live link redirect to "error 404" page, how can I fix this?

Live Link doesn’t allow others users to connect on my website.

After working well for a month, Live link doesn’t allow others users to connect to the website with the link. It redirect them to an “error 404” page.

2 sites are currently working via my Local. I have checked that I am connected, that the live link is activated, I have even updated my local. I don’t use any VPN and I tried wifi and 4G but nothing works.

Having Local on my computer, I can access the wordpress dashboard of both my sites but when I try to send the link to someone, it doesn’t work. Instead of landing on the page to put the password, people land on a 404 error page.

I followed the steps from this page : Live Links - Local
but it didn’t work as well…

How can I solve this problem? Could the problem come from the fact that I used to work from France and now I’m abroad? Is it possible to install Local on different computers with the same account?

Thanks in advance!

Yes of course you should try to login on a different computer try that
technique First.

Hi @Emma2

Nick here following up on your support request!

In order to refresh here and start with a clean slate could you give the below troubleshooting steps a try?

• Export any sites that you have on Local and save them to a folder somewhere on your computer.

• Fully uninstall Local from your computer.

• Install the latest version of Local on this link.

• Once installed, please restart the computer.

• When the computer is restarted and turned on, close any applications that automatically run in the background (AntiVirus, Firewall, and other Developer applications included).

• Check and see if the issue still persists. If so, please provide us with an updated log. Retrieving Local’s Log File Also what OS are you using?

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.