Local always re-asks for sudo password when removing a website on MacOS

Issue Summary

Why Local always asks again for sudo password when removing a site? It gets very repetitive when you want to cleanup your list of sites to provide the password couple of times in a row. Why not remember it and re-use?

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    Yes, happens when I try to remove any site.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes. Problem is not about sites creation, it’s about sites removal.

Replication

Screenshot:

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    Version: 6.7.0+6347

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    MacOS Ventura 13.1

• Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

It asks for sudo because it is removing an entry from /etc/hosts

@afragen Thanks for your reply. I understand the why but I don’t understand why it asks it every time (well, technically I do, but it still isn’t very user friendly). Or, as an alternative a batch site remove tool would be very good too.

Hi @andrei

If for example, you do want to delete multiple sites at once, you can hold shift to select many at one time, delete, and then you only have to enter the password once.

With our new site grouping tool, you can organize your sites further into groups to make it easier to manage them as well. Site Grouping Feature - Local

Deleting a “group” won’t delete those sites, it just moves them down into the “site pool”, but you can use the shift key to easier select sites bunched together or delete those that are outside of any groups.

@Nick-B Hello!
I totally missed the fact that you can select multiple sites by holding shift/cmd, thanks for that! It totally solves my issue.
I was already aware about the new grouping tool, it’s a very neat and useful tool, props for getting it in!

Thanks for your answer and for this amazing piece of software, we’re using it to develop Blocksy every day.

1 Like

Hi @andrei that’s awesome! Thank you for coming by, we are always happy to hear feedback so we can keep making things better. Happy Developing :green_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.