Local by FW : Missing hosts entry. This site may be inaccessible

Trying to install Local by FW but I have an Error message : Missing hosts entry. This site may be inaccessible. The button “Fix it” has no effect. What can I do ? Thank You

Sorry for the trouble!

Are you using an application such as Gas Mask?

Thank You for the tip. I’ll try it.

I’m not suggesting using it, I’m just asking since I know it can cause some conflicts if you use it and a certain option isn’t checked.

With that said, it is a handy app :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re not using any type of host manager plugin I would recommend opening Terminal and typing cat /etc/hosts to get the contents of your hosts file.

As long as you don’t have any sensitive names (like projects you’re working on that are under NDA, etc) you can post the contents here or e-mail the contents to clay@getflywheel.com and I’ll take a look.

For some reason I can not edit the hosts file. I tried from terminal and it did not work. I’m with Mac 10.11. Would you know why?

Yup, you have to edit it with sudo or administrative privileges since it’s a system file.

Clay were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem. I did send you a quick email also.

Didi you modify your hosts file ? Maybe you have to reset.

I did not. I was unsure how I was going to edit that info. Didn’t want to make things worst kinda mindset.

Hi,

I have same issues. How can I fix this? Has anyone found solution to this one?

How the issue was resolved with me is there was an update I needed to run which reset the application. This fixed everything and works great now. Hope that helps.

Thank you :slight_smile: I’ll try to reinstall a whole program, will see if that helps :slight_smile:

No, I still get same message and “Fix it” doesn’t work

What else can I try? BTW, I’m on WIndows 10.

@rolas

This issue on Windows is most likely caused by powershell.exe not being in your system PATH variable. You can add PowerShell to your system PATH by adding the following path:

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

When adding it make sure you don’t replace what’s already there. You’ll want to add it to the end of the variable. Semicolons separate each directory in the PATH variable).

Here’s a good guide on how to do it:

We’ll be making a fix for this in an upcoming update to hopefully solve this once and for all :slight_smile:

@clay thanks a lot. I can’t reach my PC right now, but I’ll let you know if that worked as soon as I test it out :slight_smile:

hi @clay, I added that variable to System Variables, restarted PC, but Fix it still doesn’t work. what else could I try?

@rolas

Can you send your log file again now that you’ve added that?

To find it on Windows click on the 3 dots in the upper-right corner of the window then go to Reveal Local’s Log.

hi @clay, here is my log:

Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/index] Existing Pressmatic data does not exist.
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/check-system] Check System: Docker Machine:  
{ stdout: 'Stopped\n', stderr: '' }
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [renderer/RendererAddonLoader] Renderer Loading Add-on: C:\Users\Rolandas\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\extraResources\addons\local-addon-demo-urls\lib\renderer.js
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [renderer/RendererAddonLoader] Renderer Successfully Loaded Add-on: C:\Users\Rolandas\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\extraResources\addons\local-addon-demo-urls\lib\renderer.js
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - warn: [renderer/RendererAddonLoader] Renderer Add-on not enabled: local-addon-intellij-xdebug
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [renderer/CheckEnvPage] Check system promise response: [ undefined, 'machine-halted' ] machine-halted
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] Running  C:\Users\Rolandas\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\extraResources\virtual-machine\vendor\docker\windows\docker-machine.exe start local-by-flywheel
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] Starting "local-by-flywheel"...
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] (local-by-flywheel) Check network to re-create if needed...
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/autoUpdater] Update for win32-x64-production-v1.4.4 is not available
Mar 21, 2017, 1:32 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] (local-by-flywheel) Waiting for an IP...
Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] Machine "local-by-flywheel" was started.
Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] Waiting for SSH to be available...
Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] Detecting the provisioner...
Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] Started machines may have new IP addresses. You may need to re-run the `docker-machine env` command.
Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/set-docker-env] Getting Docker Machine env.
Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] checking IP
Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/set-docker-env] Getting Docker Machine env.
Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine] checked IP 192.168.75.100

Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 PM GMT+2 - info: [renderer/system-heartbeat] System Heartbeat: New timeoutID:  1

Any updates on this? :slight_smile:

Hi Roland,

1.4.5 is out and includes a fix for PowerShell not being in the PATH. Can you try clicking “Fix Now” in 1.4.5 and then send the log file?

Sorry for the trouble!