Local demands a WP password

Local demands a Wordpress password but doesn’t accept my password on my hosting site. When I request a new password, the app requests an email address to send instructions? but nothing ever arrives (waited 2 hrs), Have tried several times, same result. Any help?

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @PMGEP

If you’re trying to get into the WordPress dashboard of your Local site, you can use the steps on this article to reset the password or create a new user manually:

My apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for your help. The problem I was encountering was that Local was inventing some strange email for me which I missed during setup. It took me some time to grok to the problem, but once found it was easily resolved. Now all I have to do is figure out how to install my downloaded files (zip) and database (sql) into Local? Any help there?

Regards, Paul

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.