Local not working on Ubuntu 24

Local will not work on Ubuntu 24

Summarize the issue in one to two sentences.

I’ve tried multiple times over the months this year to get Local to run on my Ubuntu PC but it never does. There seems to be dependencies issues, and if you’re lucky to get it to launch, the WP-Admin will never open on the local port.

As precisely as you can, list the steps it takes to reliably reproduce the issue.

Environment Info

Describe your environment.

• What Operating System are you using? Ubuntu 24.04
    Screenshot from 2024-09-05 21-02-21

• What versions of site software (Nginx, Apache, PHP, MySQL) is used?

• What version of Local is installed?

Supporting info

Please provide your Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Include any screenshots or video recordings of the issue to help others reproduce.

Looks like references to two dependencies need to be updated or maybe a Flatpak release?

libaio1 > libaio1t64
More info - 24.04 - libaio1 on Noble? - Ask Ubuntu

libncurses5 > libncurses6

Hi @Phelyks! @dkoviessen is correct there are some dependency updates that need to happen. I think another user posted a pretty good breakdown of how to update this here:

We plan to get a resolution in place for this in the future but have had to prioritize some other work in the meantime. Thank you for your patience and communication with us!

Hi @dkoviessen and @Nick-B

Thank you all for the assistance. Nick that trick really works. (finally something that actually works). I’m all good now. Thank you all

1 Like

Glad to hear it @Phelyks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.