Local on Windows 10, Stuck at HostMachine

Hi, I’m new here. Just installed Local on Windows 10 but it stuck HostMachine. It has been so for the last 30 mins. What have I missed?

Okay, i found the error source and enabled virtualization in my PC bios and host machine installation started but after some minutes, it gave another error - error creating machine. Error running provisioning. Unable to verify the Docker daemon is listening: maximum number of retires (10) exceeded. What should I do next pls?

Hi @Richo,

Sorry for the trouble!

Can you please try the following?

1. Quit Local if it’s running
  2. Open VirtualBox. You can find it by searching in the Windows start menu.
  3. Right-click on local-by-flywheel and go to Remove and then “Delete all files” (Warning to others: this will remove the Local VM and if you have any existing sites you will need to restore them)
  4. Re-open Local and attempt the installation again

If the issue persists, please provide your local-by-flywheel.log file? See
"How do I retrieve Local’s log file?" for instructions on how to do so.

Hi Clay, thanks for the info.

I was able to install it finally and I have a test site running now, although the app runs somewhat slowly. What I did was to get into my PC bios and .enabled virtualization.
After that, I ran Local install as an administrator and the installation picked up where it stuck before.

You may need to restart your PC a few times if your installation appears stuck at any point. This is how I have managed to run Local successfully on my PC,

1 Like

@Richo,

Glad you got it sorted!

If you’re still experiencing slow site speeds, try enabling “Faster Docker Volumes” in Preferences » Advanced.