Local won't start (Mac) and I'm not using Port 80

You said this is only happening on some sites? Is there anything unique about their configuration? Or are all of your sites running about the same setup?

Mixed configuration, one site is running PHP 7.4.1, but won’t start, and another is running PHP 8.1.9, it won’t start. Another one running PHP 7.4.1 will start with no issues, Nothing unique about them other than PHP version differences

Can’t change PHP version to a different version since the site won’t start properly, I thought I would try all at PHP 7.4.1 for now to see it gets running…

It looks like another user here was running into the same error and Ben was able to provide some more context that straightened them out if you want to investigate:

Ran the find command and got this output:

-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:27 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/DXJ_zbyHu/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:23 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/SINBIwCC7/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:23 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/790CR7XEh/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 14 22:53 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/j0OeU8gUX/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:26 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/dRZEAPaO0/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:21 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/iPlX4K9j1/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:27 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/sYFtjSwXY/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 14 16:28 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/HeZhIHwmG/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 15:10 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/KOr6pThxJ/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:21 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/Nblw6NJXa/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 14 22:50 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/aIPaqR848/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 14 16:26 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/e2gY70E4a/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 14 22:54 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/ABggQx1Y-/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 14 22:53 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/6jPPxk4nu/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:27 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/ciiXYOaAw/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 14 23:04 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/vOgLwMsMW/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 14 23:05 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/IX8OoEqoy/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:23 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/0h56OpkmU/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 15:16 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/cFuh4CzMA/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 kenkramer staff 684B Jul 15 16:27 /Users/kenkramer/Library/Application Support/Local//run/9N9Zx6fGD/conf/mysql/my.cnf

Only odd thing is the @ symbol at the end of the permissions and the 684B instead of 687B in the example but I didn’t expect a perfect match, the @ is most concerning me right now…still odd how some sites start and others done…

It just started this week, another oddity…but we know that happens in tech :slight_smile:

Okay, not sure why but this worked for me…shut down of iMac, not a restart but a power off, then waited about 30 seconds, pressed the power button, waiting for everything to start and now the sites that would not start, now start at latest version of Local…no other changes, just not a simple restart, but a shutdown and start up

Ken

I never know why that @ sign shows up, but under a Mac, that means “Extended” permissions:

The “@” sign – which is not documented in the manual page for ls(1) – indicates that the file has extended attributes. You can use the command ‘xattr -l ’ to show them. It seems that a lot of Finder information, which ought to be stored in the catalog, is now in extended attributes. (Hmmm, or maybe it’s actually still in the catalog file and just being exposed as extended attributes, which would make a lot of sense.)

I have found that the @ symbol appears on directories (possibly files but I haven’t looked) that I have changed the Finder’s icon. If the following command is issued, the directory’s icon will be reset to the default:

$ xattr -d com.apple.FinderInfo

What's with the @ symbol in permissions - Apple Community

Seems like a way for Macs to store things like Icons for file folder which finder will use, though there might be other things that are stored there.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.