M3 Max MacOS 15 Sequoia - Unable to retrieve files

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I am unable to pull via local after using the beta. I also cannot import sites. The app is completely unusable on the beta. I’m about to factory reset so that I can actually use the sites. I can’t be zipping up and manually importing. I NEED the app for work.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version: 9.0.4+6699

• Operating System (OS) and OS version: MacOS 15 Sequoia Public Beta 1

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

local-logs1.zip (67.8 KB)

Hi @DudeThatsErin

Did you see my reply on your other comment?

We don’t have support for this Beta release so if you can’t roll your OS back then you may run into issues. That said the import should still work, but there might be some other problem with the zip file so you can try creating a new site first, unzipping your backup and then manually moving in your WP Content and SQL. Steps here: Manually Import a Local Site

I was able to roll back so it works so I am testing these instructions on Sonoma as I am thinking about upgrading again but I am having issues.

I do not see an .sql file in app>public as stated in the instructions. Where is the database file?

For performance reasons, the SQL dump file is only written to disk when the site is manually stopped.

After rolling back, are you saying that the sites no longer work? It’s possible that the raw DB files were affected. I’m not sure what can be done to fix those if that is the issue, but those are located in Local’s “run” folder, at ~/Library/Application Support/Local/run and then whatever the site id is.

After rolling back they work fine but I wanted to test out this option as an alternative in case something happens.

If that’s the case, I think the best thing to do before upgrading would be to take a backup of each site by right-clicking on the site and selecting “Export.” That will create a zip archive of the site that has everything needed to restore it if something goes wrong.

Manually stopping the site so that the sql dump is generated is also an option, and I’m in the habit of always stopping sites before closing the computer or doing an upgrade so that the sites are in a restorable state at rest. But creating a zip is also a nice way of having a snapshot of things before doing something major like an OS upgrade.

1 Like

I did both of those (stopped the site and exported) and looked in both places (with the site stopped) and I still don’t see the .sql file and I have hidden files enabled with CMD + SHIFT + .

No .sql file to be found in app>public

EDIT: Is this referring to the SQL file located in app>sql ?

Yep, the <sitename>/app/sql/local.sql is the db dump that Local creates when the site is stopped.

Alright, when I import that file, I am getting this error:

Error: Failed to get current SQL modes. Reason: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/Users/erin/Library/Application Support/Local/run/l8OAmT1KU/mysql/mysqld.sock' (2)

I pasted the file into app>public and ran wp db import local.sql which is the name of the sql file.

Just tested the latest beta and WP Engine still doesn’t work on Sequoia 15.1 Beta 1.

Also, testing this manual import again gives me:

Error: Import file missing or not readable: local.sql

I copied over my local.sql file and then deleted the old one.

The site seems to work but due to this being used for work, I can’t just test pushing and pulling which is not working. Logs are below.

local-logs.zip (40.7 KB)

Local Connect for the MacOS Sequoia Beta is still not working, and likely won’t be addressed until closer to the public release of that OS. For now your best bet is going to be manually importing instead of pulling and then for pushes you can use the WPE Migration plugin:

Any update on this? Is there a beta version I can download in the meantime?

@armando Apple actually released a patch for this Beta that has resolved the Local Connect issues we were seeing. So if you’re still having trouble with Local Connect + WPE it might be a different issue. Feel free to create a new post and share all of the details in the form and we’ll be glad to assist further!