Mailhog does not forward emails

Issue Summary

Mailhog does not forward emails.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Replication

Hello guys, I’m testing a membership website by clicking on lost password to see if the reset password will be sent to the email I used. When I checked Mailhog it was not connected, I connected it and I see the email was in the mailbox, is this going to be forwarded?
Do I need to do anything since it is still there without being forwarded?
Thank you.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Yep! This is what Mailhog is supposed to do – it captures all the emails from your development site in Local so that you don’t accidentally send emails to users of your live site! Imagine if you accidentally sent emails about a user’s account being deleted or perhaps sent an email saying that they are being charged for a product in Woocommerce?

Mailhog doesn’t have an option for forwarding emails. You can think of Mailhog is basically like what you would see on your own email account. When you need to see what the email looks like from your Local WordPress site, just log into Mailhog to get an idea of what the email looks like!

I’ve never used it, but there does appear to be a “release” button, that is available for each message. It needs you to provide the settings for a SMTP server, but if you have that, you should be able to release individual emails from Mailhog as desired.

Release button:

SMTP config:

2 Likes

Well I’ll be… :smiley:

That’s a pretty cool feature – thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like

I have the same problem. The new email address is xxx@gmail.com
Are these the correct Google SMTP configuration:
Server Name: Gmail
Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.