Missing host entry error pop

What issue or error are you experiencing?

i receive a warning that says “missing host entry” which make my site to be in accessible both the site and the backend. when ever i try to fix it keep saying “uh-oh! could not update hosts file”
i tried to off my antivirus but still getting the same issues, please what can i do to clear this error

OS
windows 10pro

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Do you have any other security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local?

More details about troubleshooting this here: Router Mode

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.