Need Help In User Access

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Hi, i am an ampps & xamps user and first time tried localwp and loved it, now during installation there were 2 options install for everyone or current user and i set it to current user as i wanted to restrict and control the use, now after installation i have found that the when we turn localwp on, it has cool control panel for all websites but its open there is no restriction even the wordpress admin is on one click, i have installed localwp on pc and created a website with user restriction by role, now the website only works when localwp is turned on and the control panel directly allow wpadmin administrative access.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

I have created a new account in widows for staff? but the problem is as i already have not allowed localwp for other users its not there for the staff account, now i can’t give the main administrative account to staff.

Now, i have few questions, if in uninstall and re-install it, will i be able to keep the data or i have to take back and import it again? Secondly, is there possibility that we can turn on the local wp and the control panel on pc is protected with a password but site is running?

Simply i want my staff to use the website that i have created in localwp, but want to restrict the access to localwp interface or control panel?

Please help and suggest what to do?

System Details

i5 generation 6

• Local Version:
    local
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Windows 10

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @bilzjkhan

Some of what you’re trying to do isn’t really what Local is designed for. Local is meant to be hosted within your app, on your machine only. It’s simply an offline development tool but not meant to be an internally shared, hosted website. For that, you would want to move the site to a live web host or server.

You can use things like our Live Links feature to share a “view” of the website to others, but they wouldn’t have any access to the dashboard or anything like that. In order to collaborate with others they would all need to have the Local app downloaded, and then you would have to export/import a zip copy of the site.

In your scenario, you’ll likely want to move the site to a web host, and then you can install a user management plugin to maintain control over who can do what.

Let us know if you have further questions about this or anything else related to Local :slight_smile: