New Install - My SQL Crashing

Issue Summary

Unable to log into Admin after new install. Get wrong password mesage.
UNable to reset password with Forgotten facility. Email does not arrive. No error messages.
Suspect MySQL is not starting properly

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

Probably affcets all sites. But as I cannot log in as Admin, it is not possible to say.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

No

Check of Lightning Log
Shows warnings referring to mySQL crashing, killing processes and then recovering. Task Manager shows no mysql programs are running (e.g. mysqld.exe).

Additional point, I can open the demo Hello World web site, so it looks like MySQL must have run to open it.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

I am not sure how to replicate the problem. I did think the problem might be a firewall.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? 6.1.2 + 5473

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

Windows 10

• Attach the Local Log.

Log attached:
local-lightning.log (118.4 KB)
See lines with MySQL warning.

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Solved it at last. I am pretty sure for reasons I cannot fathom MySQL was not running properly.
Tried several normal reinstalls - no luck.
Then tried resinstall with these steps:

1. Rename the C:\Users???\AppData\Roaming\Local to C:\Users???\AppData\Roaming\OldLocal
  2. Rename Local-Sites Folder to OldLocal-Sites
  3. Reinstall

Perhaps the Local install should offer a full clean reinstall (to wipe out old confi data) as well as nan overlay reinstall which preserves web sites, passwords etc…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.