Unable to LogIn to Test Site

Issue Summary

Unable to log in to my first test site on LocalWP. There are two problems which are:

1. I get a message saying the password is incorrect for the id. (I habve tried with my email address and user id#)
  2. If I try a password reset using my email address, I dint get an email.

The URL is: http://test.local/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.local%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? Cannot be sure - only one test iste set up so far

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

• Cannot log in to create new site, so cannot say

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

• Which version of Local is being used? 6.1.2 5473

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
      Windoews 10
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

local-lightning.log (15.5 KB)
I can see MySQL errors which could be to with previously installing it and then uninstalling before installing LocalWP

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Additonal Point:
I can see warnings in the Lightning Log about starting and finishing MySQL crash recoveries.

This could be because I had MySQL 8 previously installed and then uninstalled 9it before installing LocalWP. I did not see any errors installing LocalWP

I can see MySQLd.exe on Task Manager and on no MySQL Services on Service Manager (which does not look right to me…)

Ideally, I would like to install MySQL Workbench or similar tool if I can.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.