New sites don't load and give a 502 error

Issue Summary

When I add a new site, they won’t load, either on HTTP or HTTPS, it just hangs and eventually gives a 502 error.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    All

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    No

Replication

Not sure, I just made a new site and it happened.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Mac OS Monterey
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:
    local-logs.zip (20.9 KB)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hello there, welcome to the Local Community! :wave:t3:

Thank you for bringing your question here.

Sometimes a new site will show a 502 error if you attempt to visit it right away, but it will go away after a few minutes - have you tried to revisit the site(s) after giving it a little time?

As Ben explains in this response to a similar question:

Let me know if the 502 goes away after a few minutes, and if not it may be helpful to create a quick screen share video so I can help isolate the issue with you.

Thanks!

Sam :woman_technologist:t3:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Sam, but yes I did see that other thread, and unfortunately it’s still erroring even after leaving it for a while

Hi there,

Understood! Are you attempting to create a new site with default settings or are you importing a site into Local?

Thanks!

Sam :woman_technologist:t3:

Hi Sam, i’m trying to create new sites with default settings (nginx, php 7.4 and MySQL 8.0.16) :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.