No routers for WP Multisite

Issue Summary

I’ve created a WP Multisite in subdomain mode with few sites on domain like:

aaaaa.local
bbbbb.local
ccccc.local

but every manually added site has no router. Only first domain added on start has router in “/Application Support/Local/run/router/nginx/conf”

I’ve used “Syn Multisite to hosts file” of course.

Every added sit shows 404:

I’ve tried:

1. Restarting site
  2. Restarting Local
  3. Changing from Apache to Niginx
  4. Reistalling Local
  5. Creating new Multisite instance

but nothing helps…

Troubleshooting Questions

Problem in involved only to manually added sites in WP Multisite.

System Details

Local 6.4.3
MacOS 12.0.1

Logs files

Router logs.zip (863 Bytes)

Hi @przestrzalka! Have you seen our guide here for WordPress Multisite with Local?

Based on the logs it looks like there may be some sort of port conflict as well. So you may want to check here for further troubleshooting: What is Router Mode? - Local

Have you seen our guide here for WordPress Multisite with Local?

Hi, i’ve made a Multisite exactly that, how it’s described in those tutorial. But…

…when i click “Sync Multi-Site domains to hosts file” nothings happened. On your tutorial i see terminal. Maybe this is the problem, that nothing is fired by clicking?

Ok, i know what’s the problem.

For example:

aaaa.local - is main site

when i add next site with domain

bbbbb.aaaa.local

everything works fine, but, when i’m trying to set “same level” domain, ex.:

bbbbb.local
ccccc.local

routing doesn’t work…

Can you suggest any solution to achieve same level domains for whole subsites in multisite network?

Hi, @przestrzalka were you able to check the Router Mode document to see if there were any port conflicts happening?

Additionally, can you share your full Local Log here? Retrieving Local’s Log File

Hi @przestrzalka - Thanks for using Local!

I’ll be honest, I don’t have a ton of experience with multisite, but I think I understand what you’re asking. What you’re describing by “setting the ‘same level’ domain”, ex:

bbbbb.local
ccccc.local

is an example of Domain Mapping, which Local does not support. This is called out in that help doc that Nick shared. If you want to build that way, I’m not sure if there is a way to get Local to play nicely with the sites in a network… here is more information from WordPress on how to accomplish building this way, but no guarantee it will translate to Local.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.