Only galleries and background images appear

I’ve spun up a copy of an existing website on Local. Perfect!

Except that none of the images or featured images show up. My foo galleries work perfectly. So do all background images. The regular images and featured images show up in the admin panels, but the featured images not only don’t show up at the dev address, but when I inspect the element, they’re not there at all.

Even weirder for regular images. They show up in the Page/Post admin section, but they don’t show up on the dev site, and when I inspect them, they are there, but they are not images. They are only a data-srcset address (correct image address) inside a span. The alt text, however, does show up.

Now I’ve discovered something else. When I went to get the Live Link to share here, I saw that they all work fine there, but not in the regular dev mode.

Anybody have any clues as to what might be happening?

http://d745d4a0.ngrok.io/

Hi @swhitney,

It sounds like there may be a setting that wasn’t updated and still contains the old domain. Please see Problem of redirecting the local site to online site

The reason why this works with Live Links is due to the mu-plugin that Local drops in when you enable Live Links. This plugin is there to make sure all existing domains are replaced with the tunnel URL.

Thanks. That’s a great tip. It made the featured images appear, but regular
inserted images are still only displaying the alt text.

Glad that helped!

At this point I’d recommend inspecting the broken images using the Developer Tools in Chrome (or your preferred browser) to see what URL it’s pointing to. Then, you may need to re-run the search-replace accordingly.

Also, you can see image/resource 404s in the Developer Tools under the “Console” tab.