PHP 8.0 upgrade failure on macOS Big Sur

PHP 8.0 upgrade failure on macOS

I have attempted to upgrade existing as well as create a new sites form scratch. The sites just continually states “Installing WordPress…”

After force quitting local it is possible to downgrade the sites back to PHP 7.4.1 and everything works correctly.

Troubleshooting Questions

• ALL sites

• As stated even new site provisioned with PHP 8.0 fails to complete

Replication

Pretty straight forward. Create a new site with the spec below and it will never complete.

System Details

macOS Big Sur 11.6.1
WordPress 5.8.2
MySQL 8.0.16
nginx
PHP 8.0
Local 6.1.8+5621

The shell crashes and fails to access the log files.

Can provide the Local Logs? You can get a zip of those logs by clicking the “Download Local Log” button from the “Support” tab of Local. See this help doc for more info about that button:

Also, if you aren’t able to get those log files, can you record a screen session of creating a new PHP 8.0 site so that I can get a better idea of where exactly the process is hanging?

Hey @ben.turner,

I did pass the logs and other data in through my WPE rep. Ultimately after completely unistalling LOCAL, which was far less than fun since I had to purge ALL of my local dev sites, followed by reinstallion; I upgraded my Mac to Monterey and ran a fix permissions via the disk utility.

Everything is working now.

If I had it to do over I would probably try the fix permissions via the disk utility first.

Cheers,
m

I upgraded my Mac to Monterey and

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.