Reuse an Local by Flywheel WordPress Site Without Having First Exported It

I would like to continue work on my existing Local by Flywheel Wordpress web site but I did not export it.

Recently my Local by Flywheel hosting environment crashed. I ended up have to install Oracle’s VirtualBox v6.x software, because Windows 10 (probably as a result of a recent security patch) prevented my previously installed VBox v5.x application from running. This causes all sorts of problems. As of now, I managed to get Local by Flywheel to run again, although at times I need to do this from within VBox.

With L by F running, when I click on any site I receive the following message: “Uh-oh! The requested site ID does not exist in Local.” After closing the error message, L by F commences “checking system.” It tries to regenerate the Docker machine TLS certificates, but this does not seem to succeed. I am stuck with being unable to open any WordPress web site. Unfortunately, for the one that I need to access, I did not export the file.

Questions

How do I rebuild the site if I were to create a new WP site. I can write over the newly created site, I suspect I will need to alter some configuration file paths.

Where is the underlying database contained my existing site? I see a ‘sql’ directory directly below the site’s ‘app’ directory, and it contains many SQL files. However, a large majority of them pertain to some of the WP plugins used in the site.

Which configuration files will I need to alter for the newly created WordPress site?

L by F is no longer supported. I downloaded Local Lightening a while ago. This is the newly supported Local WP local hosting application, and it runs natively in Windows. No need for a VM. However, when I imported WP site that I had exported from L by F (i.e., the VM version of Local), I ran into issues and was unable to properly load the imported site.

Now that L by F is no longer supported and given the TLS certificates problem, I want to use Local Lightening exclusively. So, the previous ‘migration’ questions apply here, too.

Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.