Run Folder Storage Space

Issue Summary

Local seems to be taking up a massive amount of storage space. The files seem to be coming from my Library → Application Support → Local → Run folder. Can these be removed?

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? Local application in general

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? Yes

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? Version 6.3.1

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used? macOS Big Sur 11.6.2

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

local-logs.zip (82.2 KB)

There are three database related files in the mysql folder that are about 100 MB each for every website in Local.

~/Library/Application Support/Local/run/xxxxxxxxx/mysql/data

ib_logfile0
ib_logfile1
ibdata1

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/innodb-redo-log.html

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/innodb-system-tablespace.html

I have the same issue. Local eats storage space constantly.
I’ve lost over 100GB within 2 days! That’s a huge memory leak!

maxOS Monterey v12.3
Local v6.3.1+5826

/Users/[USER]/Library/Application Support/Local/run/aRxWACuEd/mysql/data
I have tons of files like:
binlog.000001
binlog.000002
binlog.000003
etc
each weighs around 1 GB.

Please fix this ASAP. I’m not able to use your program with this bug.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.