Site is not able to be created

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Whenever I want to create or start a new site I a not able to do so
because the site creation is completely frozen, I also got some prompts saying “missing hosts entry. This site may be inaccessible” then when I click on “fix it” I got a prompt which reads “host redirection¨local is questeing administrative privileges to modify your -etc- hosts file”. How can I sort this issue? I have 3 sites with the same problem.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @Arthur1993

If it gives you a password prompt you’ll want to enter your credentials so the hosts file can be updated. These would be your desktop credentials and not Local ones or the ones for your site.

If you’re not getting a password prompt (are you on Windows?) you might need to manually grant some permissions. You could start here:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.