Site migration with Duplicator plugin strips out styling in Admin

I have a site clone package using the Duplicator plugin that failed to install properly in Local By Flywheel (v. 2.0.8). The package was generated with Duplicator v1.2.26 (latest version).

I used Local’s drag and drop capability to install Duplicator’s ‘archive.zip’ file into the local install. When I logged into my cloned site, all the styling on the back end was stripped out. I was left with all the content structured in straight HTML (not acceptable).

I tried a workaround: delete the entire WP install in the Local site directory (/Users/Robert/Documents/Websites/mytestsite/app/public/), then pass in Duplicator’s ‘archive.zip’ and installer.php files.

Unfortunately, when I called the installer file in my Chrome browser address bar (

‘mytestsite/app/public/installer.php’ OR

‘localhost/mytestsite/app/public/installer.php’

),

the browser is unable to call the file because it’s not ported to the localhost.

How do I activate the connection in my browser to call Duplicator’s installer.php file?

I should also clarify that I currently have ServerPress’ Desktop Server v3.8.1 installed as an app on my computer. I wonder if that application is ported to the same address that Local needs to use? Perhaps, I need to change or add a port number in Local or in my Mac settings in order for Local to work on my localhost.

Adding or modifying port settings is not something I do very often, so it’s not fresh in my mind.