(Sort of) Fix for Chrome 58 / ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID SSL error

This seems to (sort of) work for me. Although it still says that the cert is invalid, at least I don’t have to the warning come up with every click or page refresh. Only tested on Mac Sierra + Chrome 58.

1. In Chrome’s address bar, type: chrome://flags
  2. Scroll down to the “Allow invalid certificates for resources loaded from localhost” option and click the Enable link.
  3. Click the RELAUNCH NOW button.

I posted a screenshot here: http://imgur.com/Vm2FGeu

I’m posting this here:

• In case it helps anyone.
  • Because this thread was locked.
  • Because it is unclear when a “next version” will be released, or how a person might even be aware that there is a new version (since you have to fill out the popup with garbage every time you click the download button on local.flywheel.com, despite already provided real/accurate information)
  • Because I didn’t know where else to post it that I had access to.
  • Because this issue with Chrome is simply crippling to development if (like me) you force all of your sites to use SSL and you made the mistake of upgrading to Chrome 58.

Feel free to move it or delete it. I just posted it here so somebody else doesn’t have to pull their hair out as much.

3 Likes

Thank you! This is an ugly fix, but works until @Clay gets an update out… which I was hoping would have already happened…

1 Like

If anyone else stumbles on this and isn’t aware, this is fixed in 2.0 beta: Local by Flywheel 2.0.0 (Pre-release)

Though still beta, I have been running it on Mac Sierra with about 2 dozen sites and it is excellent.

Since I don’t know how to contact you, @Clay + whoever else works on Local - a shout out and thank you for an excellent product. The VM setup has been incredibly stable for me and your addition of Redis is a killer feature. :slight_smile:

Thanks Daniel, glad to hear Local’s working great for you! :smiley:

1 Like