Error in creating a local Site

Hi guys. I tried creating a local site (for the first time) but after creating it, when I want to enter the site, it says “This site can’t be reached”. How can I solve this problem?

All of that is if the site starts in the first place because sometimes it doesn’t.

Device Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM: 4.00 GB
System Type:
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows version: Windows 10

Local Version: 7.1.2+6410

Hi @Leon_G204

Can you try changing your Router Mode to Localhost see if that resolves the issue?

Preferences>Advanced>Router Mode>Localhost

OK. So as I mentioned before, I also have problems starting the website in the first place:

After trying to start site many times, it finally worked and I tried changing my router as you said, but this time the following happened:

It looks like from the Unable to Start Site error that Local might be getting blocked by something. Changing to Localhost might have gotten around that, but not sure why you’re still getting the 404. Can you create a new, blank site and see if that loads?

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local?

More details about troubleshooting this here: Router Mode

If you’re still having trouble can you share your Local Log? Retrieving Local’s Log File

I don’t have any other developer apps. I have an ESET security but I don’t think it’s that. I also have a VPN, but it was turned off.

Can you create a new, blank site and see if that loads?

Have you checked ESET to see if it has any settings where you need to “allow” Local or test disabling it?

Can you share a Local Log?

OK, so I created a new site as you recommended and it worked, but only in localhost. When I try it with Site domains, this happens:

This is my local log:
local-lightning.log (50.5 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.