Unable to start site receiving error

What issue or error are you experiencing?

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

1. Install Local by Flywheel for Windows.
  2. Run the application.
  3. Click on the button Create a new site.
  4. Fill out the details and use the preferred setup.
  5. Local will start site creation with Starting up Site Services.
  6. After a couple of seconds, the error will appear, and it will be repeated twice

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    WIN 10

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-logs.zip (3.3 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however, there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @danielkr

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local? It looks like from the log it might be having trouble connecting.

More details about troubleshooting this here: Router Mode

You could also check this: Help! I'm running into an EPERM error with the hosts file on Windows

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Hi @Nick-B
Thank you for your reply
No developer applications are running.
I tried to uninstall the install Local from scratch but still got the same error.
Also tried to create a new site while win defender was off, and the EDR that I’m using also was off.

Sounds good! Thank you for checking those and following up.

As another test can you try changing your Router Mode? Preferences>Advanced>Router Mode

If you’re still not getting anywhere please share an updated Local Log so we can compare.

Yeah sure

local-lightning-verbose.log (265.1 KB)
local-lightning.log (74.2 KB)
local-details.json (841 Bytes)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.