Starting a site moves it to the top of the list

I’ve started grouping sites since the last major version (thanks for adding that!) but annoyingly now, when I start a site, it moves the site to the top of the list and then back again when stopped. That makes sense however, it means that I always right click on the wrong site, immediately after starting, and I’m always left hunting for sites - I tend to look for names rather than the green visual indicator.

Not sure if this is specific to groups, or to that update in general but it would be nice if either there was a) an option to not do this or b) change this back again, where sites remain in place in the list when started.

Hello @jackmcconnell -

Thank you for this feedback - I’m going to move this into “Feature Requests” and pass this along to the Local engineering team.

We appreciate you!

Sam

I second this - grouping sites is great, but having them shift around based on activity state is bothersome when you have a large number of sites, and I can’t really imagine it being a useful improvement even for smaller numbers of sites. When I’m looking for a specific site, I always know the name, so being able to find it by alphabetical order regardless of activity status is so much simpler than having them jump around.

1 Like

I totally agree. It’s annoying and even dangerous as few times I did something like export and even removed the wrong site. I hope this will have a quick fix or dirty hack from the community so we don’t have to wait for feedback from @sambrockway and the local engineering team. IMHO this should be reverted to normal behavior on start/stop, but also I would be happy to have an option to sort sites with drag & drop as I want anytime I need.

Thank you for this! Product Designer on Local here. I am going to add this to my backlog. Your provided context is very helpful.

1 Like