What issue or error are you experiencing?
The issue was, I have been developing a site for a few days now without problems, Today i started up local and my site booted up, i went to the localsite url and to my surprise it redirected me to /dashboard and i got the default xampp window. I did not have Xampp running but i do have it installed, i also have an older copy of the site on xampp that is the older version of the one running local.
After changing to localhost mode it did fix the issue and i got back to my old site. But when using router mode its now broken again.
But my real question is, how is it possible that xampp boots up when i run a wp site in local, and the url seemed hard stuck on /dashboard because everything redirected to the default xampp screen
Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example can all compete for ports and connections if they are running simultaneously. That’s why your Local app works when switched to Localhost mode. If you want it to work in Site Domains mode you might have to quit the XAMPP applications and then check to see if there are still any port conflicts.
Once you run that command you should see a list of listening ports. If you see a particular program making use of those ports, you can then kill that process by running
sudo kill -9 XXX where XXX is the PID number of that process. (On Windows you will use
taskkill /F /pid XXX where XXX is the PID number of that process)
There are also some more details around this and other troubleshooting steps at this link if needed: Stopping Whatever Is Listening On Port 80.
Hey Nick, i have checked netstat -ano. There is nothing running on port 80, xampp has not been opened in a long time.
I just checked again and when changing it to site domains it still gives the conflict, and opens xampp dashboard, on the url which i set in local.
Task manager is no help either, because there is no Xampp related processes running.
Do you know anything else, it also happened out of the blue and it was working fine before with the same url, never having opened xampp.
After checking through the processes again it looks like there WAS indeed an apache http server process still lingering from something. Not sure even where it was from, but the url is now working again
Hi @Damian - Glad to hear things are working again for you. Thank you for the follow up! Happy Developing
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.