Just installed local 6.1.4 windows

Issue Summary

Just installed local 6.1.4 windows. It seems to conflict with the VirtualHost setting in httpd-vhosts.conf (xampp apache).

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    Just installed one, the URL is ecommerce.local, always redirect to dev-tjc.org (xampp).
    However, I tried the Live link. It works fine.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    No

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

N/A

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.1.4 Windows

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Windows 10 Home
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

After I dig into the issue, I found local is using prot 80 as the base of router (https://localwp.com/help-docs/advanced/router-mode/). Which conflicts with XAMPP Apache. Anyway I can change local to listen to other port, such as 8080?

Nice job zeroing in on the issue @tajenli , and welcome to the forums!

There’s no way to change what port the Local Router listens on, so you’ll have to do one of two things:

1. Stop Xampp and free up port 80 before launching Local
  2. Run Local in localhost Router Mode as outlined in that help doc that’s linked.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I could change the XAMPP using another port. But I have many projects running on XAMPP and I need to update all the settings in each project. That’s just too much work.

So I will use 2. Run Local in localhost Router Mode for now. I tried and it works.

I will try Local on Vagrant VirtualBox and see how it goes. Local got some great features and I feel it could speed up my development process.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.