Strange Local behaviour (took down our site)

Hi,

We’ve just had a very strange and serious issue (causing ~ 1 hour of downtime) with a Local push to one of our sites…

1. I attempted to push the site (using Local 2.4.5 / Mac) which removed two unused files from the root of the site

2. The site is large so the push took time, I left it unattended

3. ~ 45 minute later I received a message from my colleague to say there was a problem with the site showing the “sorry i need a wp-config-sample.php file to work from” error

4. I checked the Local app had the green bar across the top to say the changes were being processed there was no indication of any problems

5. I contacted support

6. I SFTP’d to the site and noticed there was no wp-config.php in the root directory, after support restored a valid config file - while the wp-admin system worked, we then received an error that the themes folder was missing - and in fact most of the wp-content folder was missing, as well as all plugins…

7. Eventually we decided to restore from a recent backup…

Here’s my possible hunch but I can’t confirm this without more help:

• The site is on the 5Gb plan, and the site is currently consuming 4Gb
  • The Local push is large (saying ~ 3Gb)
  • Is it possible the push is silently failing because there is no space left on the account?

All in all, I’m very confused as to what happened, any pointers are very welcome,

Thanks in advance…
thatguy

Update:
Here’s an extract from the logs:

Dec 5, 2018, 7:56 PM GMT - info: [PusherFlywheel] Sending Local domain to Flywheel.
Dec 5, 2018, 7:56 PM GMT - info: [fly-api] [ 'sites', '[SITE_ID]' ] { site: { local_hostname: '[LOCAL_HOSTNAME].local' } } 'PUT'
Dec 5, 2018, 7:56 PM GMT - info: [PusherFlywheel] Triggering migration process job