Tinkerwell & LocalWP on Windows: your php installation appears to be missing the mysql extension which is required by wordpress

Tinkerwell is not working on Windows with LocalWP.
I get the following error: your php installation appears to be missing the mysql extension which is required by wordpress
This is not the case for Tinkerwell and LocalWP on Mac. I contacted Tinkerwell, they acknowledged the error but can do anything about it because they don’t know how LocalWP works on Windows.
Pls can you solve this? Anyone has a solution for this? The php.ini is loading everything perfectly.
Thanks!

Hi @vivice.design

Could there be any security, antivirus or firewall features on Windows blocking connections or adjusting permissions?

Hello @vivice.design I made it work on MacOS and I guess it should be something similar:

Just go to your database settings.

Once there copy the socket and use it as follows:

/** Database hostname */
if ( isset( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] )
    && false !== stripos( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'], 'tinkerwell' ) ) {
    define('DB_HOST', 'localhost:/Users/lajennylove/Library/Application Support/Local/run/322bXKesj/mysql/mysqld.sock');
}
else {
    define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');
}

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing @lajennylove!

I always made it work on Mac, the issue was Windows. That’s not my problem anymore since the company I work for now gave me a Mac as solicited. I wrote to Tinkerwell about this issue and they told me:

Hey Viviana,
I had a look into LocalWP today and actually don’t understand how it works on Windows the technical side, so I wasn’t able to solve this issue.
I am afraid Tinkerwell doesn’t work with LocalWP on Windows at the moment.

Cheers,

Sebastian

So… I guess it just doesn’t work.

1 Like