Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.
If you’re using Bitdefender it seems like users are often running into Host File issues checking a quick search here. You might look through their forums and see if some of the recommendations and workarounds help.
Additional update, I was able to successfully create a site using the Atlas plugin. However when I go to star the sight it gives me an error message “Heads-up! Local’s router is having trouble starting. Learn more” Which takes me to this page. Router
I’ve tried following those instructions and changing the router to Local Host, however this is what I get when I try and “Open site”
Thanks for the reply! I’ve previously tried doing that, I made another account called local. When I tried installing Local and creating a new website it worked, however when I tried to start it I got the following error.
I deleted that user account as it wasn’t working properly, and just barley made a new one to try it out again, this time under the name WordPress Local and I got the following error when I tried to create a new site after installing Local.
Additionally when I installed Local and it asked if I wanted it to be usable by everyone on the computer or just for that account, I chose just that account. (I technically have two installs on my computer right now, one for my Kent’s PC account, and one for the one I just made WordPress Local, both of which when installing I chose the option to have it only available for that user account.)
Thanks! I tried making another user account called wordpress, this time I installed local (again just for that user account) and made a new site. No errors. However when I start the site, and try to open it up I get a 404
I’ve responded to your WPE support ticket. To avoid double comms/work we’ll keep our follow up with you there. Once we’ve narrowed down a fix/solution we can update this thread for others who may run into similar issues.
I’ve responded on the support ticket but wanted to update this thread as well.
I ended up just wiping my entire machine, and reinstalling Windows 10 (I made sure that the computer name didn’t have any special characters). Local seems to be working perfectly fine now. I’ve reinstalled most of my apps, and none of them have caused any issues, so I’m at a loss as to what was causing the issue. One thing I did notice, is after the fresh install of Windows 10 when I would create or delete a site, I started getting the request in the attached image from my machine, (which I didn’t get on the old install)