Unable to import a website manually

Issue Summary

Impossible to import the zip file manually made

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

Just one for now

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Yes

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

Hello.
I have a wp website that i did with wamp installation.
I want to put it in local.

1. I have exported the DB in a sql file
  2. I have taken the wp-content file
  3. I have zipped them together.
  4. I drag and drop in Local
  5. There is an error that tells it’s not a good zip.

Whant can i do?

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hey there @Kins - I can try to take a look at your log file, but I’m not sure what went wrong; there’s any number of things that could have happened.

Our “preferred” way of importing into Local from another host is to use WP Migrate’s plugin (free) to create a full-site export that is compatible with Local. We worked with them on the feature and it is much easier for us to debug! Can you try this workflow and see if that does it for you? Import a WordPress Site to Local

1 Like

The migration failed during themes stage…
Internal server Error.

EDIT 1 : I have increased all memory allocation and time out of wamp => the same result.
EDIT 2 : I figured a problem with xdebug. It’s settled. The migration zip files was generated. Problem with Local when I tried to import the zip => “error importing site. Sorry! We couldn’t figure out what to do with the import file provided. Please extract it manually”.
EDIT 3: Same error with extracted file : “error importing site. Sorry! We couldn’t figure out what to do with the import file provided. Please extract it manually”.

What can i do now?

Hello @Kins -

To clarify, in your latest message were you attempting to do the import with WP Migrate as Austin suggested?

What are the sizes of the various files you are looking to import?

Thank you,

Sam

Yes I follow what Austin suggested.

1. the zip = 1.01G
  2. not zipped: 1.20g with: database.sql (8.861ko), wpmigrate-export.json (1ko) and “files file” withi a real strange structure: files / d_ / wamp64 / www / mywebsite / wp-content + sub strange files
    I believe wp migrate lite is not really the solution when you use a local wp install with wamp apparently

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.