Unable to import site from V3 to V5

in Local for mac beta, when attempting to import an export from V3 it freezes here https://cl.ly/9d1a1893884a
After 20 min I delete the site and get this error https://cl.ly/58af4d3542b6

Hi Coreyallen,

Thanks for writing in! I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues importing on Local for Mac Beta.

Can you please provide your local-by-flywheel.log file? See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Thank you!

here you go https://cl.ly/47d646d906ec

Hy @coreyallen, thank you for providing the requested logs. I see that there is an issue while importing the database:

{"thread":"main","class":"ImporterLocalExport","killed":false,"code":1,"signal":null,"cmd":"/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/site-binaries/mysql-8.0.15/bin/mysql --default-character-set=utf8 -A --skip-column-names -e SET names 'utf8'; use local; source /Users/coreyallen/Local Sites (WebWorkNYC)/rcsworksq/app/sql/local.wp_p7kboz7dsk_icl_string_pages.sql;","level":"error","stack":"Error: Command failed: /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/site-binaries/mysql-8.0.15/bin/mysql --default-character-set=utf8 -A --skip-column-names -e SET names 'utf8'; use local; source /Users/coreyallen/Local Sites (WebWorkNYC)/rcsworksq/app/sql/local.wp_p7kboz7dsk_icl_string_pages.sql;\nERROR 2006 (HY000) at line 2409148 in file: '/Users/coreyallen/Local Sites (WebWorkNYC)/rcsworksq/app/sql/local.wp_p7kboz7dsk_icl_string_pages.sql': MySQL server has gone away\n\n    at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:312:12)\n    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:194:13)\n    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:469:20)\n    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:998:16)\n    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:265:5)","message":"Command failed: /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/site-binaries/mysql-8.0.15/bin/mysql --default-character-set=utf8 -A --skip-column-names -e SET names 'utf8'; use local; source /Users/coreyallen/Local Sites (WebWorkNYC)/rcsworksq/app/sql/local.wp_p7kboz7dsk_icl_string_pages.sql;\nERROR 2006 (HY000) at line 2409148 in file: '/Users/coreyallen/Local Sites (WebWorkNYC)/rcsworksq/app/sql/local.wp_p7kboz7dsk_icl_string_pages.sql': MySQL server has gone away\n","timestamp":"2019-09-17T15:11:05.834Z"}

Are you using the standard or a custom environment?

Thanks!

hi there
Custom environment

FYI I switched the source to standard environment and had the same issue with import

I see most imports failing, though not all are V3 sites (some are standard layout sites that fail on import, complaining about, e.g. local.options not existing.)

Log:
local-lightning.log.zip (4.4 KB)

This is an attempted import from a flywheel backup local-lightning.log.zip (15.3 KB)

BTW, I know it’s on the roadmap but issues like this are where having at least 1 alternate version of mySQL would be very helpful. It’s entirely possible that my import issue is related to something about 8.x… but I can’t try MySQL 5.6.

I’d encourage the team to add at least one fallback for MySQL and PHP ASAP.

1 Like